- All websites operated by YourAmigo
- All software provided by YourAmigo
- All services provided by YourAmigo
- All communications with YourAmigo
YourAmigo collects personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, customers, potential customers, prospective employees, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners.
In general, the personal information YourAmigo collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, gender, occupation, in some cases membership of professional associations and, where relevant, financial information.
Personal Information you provide: we store the personal information you give to YourAmigo in our information systems. You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from YourAmigo or its related companies, provide a product or service to YourAmigo, complete a survey or questionnaire, participate in forums or when you communicate with YourAmigo by email, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact Customer Service or provide feedback).
Automatic collection: we may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies contain information by which YourAmigo can identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies. YourAmigo may use the information contained in cookies to identify if a user has previously requested a web page provided by YourAmigo or a service provided by YourAmigo to its customers. YourAmigo and its customers may also automatically collect information regarding search terms that you used to identify a requested web page and the purchases that you make from websites where YourAmigo is providing a service to the website operator. The information gathered in this manner is used to build statistical and other information which does not identify you personally to YourAmigo, its customers or other third parties.
Indirect collection: YourAmigo endeavors to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances YourAmigo may obtain personal information from a third party such as a conference organizer. If you provide personal information about another person to YourAmigo, YourAmigo requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this Policy.
YourAmigo may use information it collects from you for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. YourAmigo generally uses personal information to:
- Provide you with products or services you have requested;
- Help YourAmigo manage and enhance its services;
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with ongoing information about opportunities provided by YourAmigo in which it believes you may be interested;
- Give you the opportunity from time to time to receive email and eNewsletters from YourAmigo; and
- Generate reports and optimize its services based upon de-identified, statistical information and computer logs.
In most cases where YourAmigo asks you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide YourAmigo with that information, YourAmigo will not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
YourAmigo may disclose personal information to:
- Third parties engaged by YourAmigo to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- Third parties authorized by you to receive information held by YourAmigo;
- Customers of YourAmigo (in which case the information will be de-identified, statistical information or computer logs only).
“Sensitive Information” means information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a Trade Union or professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health. The only Sensitive Information that YourAmigo collects is in relation to its employees and contractors. Such collection is limited to information about a person’s:
- Health, but only in relation to contractors and employees; and
- Professional or trade associations, but only in relation to customers, potential customers, contractors and employees.
YourAmigo may use and disclose Sensitive Information only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law unless you have agreed otherwise.
YourAmigo has appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee the management of personal information in accordance with this Policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act. YourAmigo protects the personal information that it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, pass word access and secure servers.
YourAmigo endeavors to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can update personal information held by YourAmigo by mail to the Privacy Officer at 27 O’Halloran Street, Adelaide SA 5000 Australia.
You have the right to seek access to the personal information held about you and to advise YourAmigo of any inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Privacy Act. If you make an access request, YourAmigo will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. YourAmigo may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.